The First United Methodist Preschool is a ministry of the First United Methodist Church in Vandalia, IL. It is the oldest preschool in Vandalia and provides a Christian based education.
The purpose of the First United Methodist Church's Preschool shall be to help each child develop mentally, socially, physically, and spiritually in a Christian environment. It shall strive to help each child build self-confidence and a positive attitude, while making the child feel good about learning and about his/her uniqueness. Christian values shall shape the philosophy of the Preschool. The Preschool program shall include biblical stories and lessons, incorporating basic Christian values that are within the United Methodist Tradition.
Hello everyone and welcome to a new year at FUMP! The First United Methodist Preschool was established in 1980 so we are starting our 42 year serving the children of this community and surrounding areas! We love watching our kids grow and learn and we consider it an honor to be a small part of this stage in their lives! We offer a wide range of learning opportunities and always keep God as the center of our days. We are here to prepare them for Kindergarten and will do our best in the most loving way!
We offer an exceptional preschool experience for children 2-5 years old. We prepare them to enter Kindergarten with a sound academic readiness. Our program offers Biblical teachings along with fun and educational experiences. Why choose us? Here are a few reasons!
* Full time and Part time enrollment
* Building updates to always keep us current and kid friendly
* A new playground
* An advanced security system
* Licensed through DCFS
* All staff CPR and First Aid certified
* A professional, experienced staff provide a loving safe environment
* Seasonal programs
* Indoor Playroom for the development of large and small motor skills
* Small center offering more personal and individualized care
* Parents welcome anytime
* Established in 1980... more than 42 years in business!
* We LOVE kids!